Indentation and braces

KW Heuer kwh at bentley.UUCP
Tue May 27 04:55:10 AEST 1986

In article <146 at cs.qmc.ac.uk> qmc-cs!liam (William Roberts) writes:
>I use programs like "cb" and "indent" to get my C programs
>indented according to what they *REALLY* mean, as opposed to
>what I intended them to mean (indicated by MY indenting).  This
>can be quite illuminating....

I presume you then compare it to the original.  Yes, that's a useful trick.
However, if indentation always reflects your intention, then eliminating the
braces and making indentation significant would prevent this type of bug in
the first place!

Karl W. Z. Heuer (ihnp4!bentley!kwh), The Walking Lint