Datalight faster than 4.2, why?

Rick Buls buls at dataioDataio.UUCP
Fri May 16 05:32:48 AEST 1986

In article <996 at dataioDataio.UUCP> bright at dataio.UUCP (Walter Bright writes:
>In article <1469 at umcp-cs.UUCP> chris at umcp-cs.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>>In article <989 at dataioDataio.UUCP>, bjorn at dataio.UUCP writes:
>>>... I notice this (odd) fact: the compiler on the PC is better than
>>>the one on the VAX!  It's faster, it produces better code, and it
>>>catches errors that the UNIX C does not.  So I'm curious:
>>1.  Your company gets paid for improving your compiler.  Is not
>>    that so?
>
>No, it isn't so. Datalight, Data I/O, Data Exchange, Data Translation Inc.,
>Data Zone Inc., Datacom Northwest Inc., Datatech Enterprises Co. and
>Data General are all independent companies. The
>similarity in the names is coincidence.

Please Note However: Walter Bright is the author of the Datalight Compiler
and Bjorn works on the compiler for Bjorn. Data I/O employs both of these
fellows, the Compiler is a side-line for both! So Chris Torek point still
holds, even though he may have been under a misconception.

Bjorn's original article, all though accurate, did appear to ME as being
somewhat self serving.

--

				Rick Buls (Data I/O; Redmond, Wa)
				uw-beaver!entropy!dataio!buls