Datalight faster than 4.2, why?

bright at dataio.UUCP bright at dataio.UUCP
Thu May 15 02:35:05 AEST 1986

In article <1469 at umcp-cs.UUCP> chris at umcp-cs.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>In article <989 at dataioDataio.UUCP>, bjorn at dataio.UUCP writes:
>>... I notice this (odd) fact: the compiler on the PC is better than
>>the one on the VAX!  It's faster, it produces better code, and it
>>catches errors that the UNIX C does not.  So I'm curious:
>1.  Your company gets paid for improving your compiler.  Is not
>    that so?

No, it isn't so. Datalight, Data I/O, Data Exchange, Data Translation Inc.,
Data Zone Inc., Datacom Northwest Inc., Datatech Enterprises Co. and
Data General are all independent companies. The
similarity in the names is coincidence.