sizeof(char)

Jeff Siegal jbs at mit-eddie.MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 10 16:27:39 AEST 1986

In article <9081 at sun.uucp> guy at sun.uucp (Guy Harris) writes:
>>[...]  But I definitely want the
>> next generation of desktop processors to support bit addressing.
>
>If you're going to convince Motorola, Intel, National Semiconductor, DEC,
>MIPS, etc., etc.  to put bit-addressing into their next generation of chips,
>[...]

I realize this has nothing to do with the issue being discussed, but
let's keep the technical references accurate.  DEC's current
generation of processor chips (the 78032, aka MicroVAX-II) _does_
support bit addressing and manipulation.  It may be an interesting
question as to whether this is a good idea, so I've directed
discussion to comp.arch.

Jeff Siegal