Looking for a good C text

Gordon Vickers ems at prls.UUCP
Mon Nov 17 20:00:51 AEST 1986

  Other good books for learning 'C' ;

       Learning to Program in C
        Plum, Thomas
        Plum Hall Inc.
        ISBN 0-911537-007
          This is the text that I learned from while attending a course
        at D.E.C. This is a  good no-nonsence book.

       C Primer Plus
         Waite, Prata, Martin
         Howard Sams & Co., Inc
         ISBN 0-672-22090-3
           Good text for the more informal class. A bit of humor (but not too
         much) makes for easy reading. Notes differances between VAX and PC
         implimentations.

       Programming in C
         Stephen G. Kochan
         Hayden Book Company, Inc.
         ISBN 0-8104-6261-3
            I really don't know how good this book is, I never use it. Looks
         like it is pretty straight forward and no-nonsenced. Contains lots
         of examples, exercises.

  Regardless of how you learn C, get a few months practice and then see how
 much you don't know by picking up a copy of ;
        The C Puzzle Book
          Alan R. Feuer (Bell Labs)
          Prentice-Hall Inc.
          ISBN 0-13-109926-4
      This is NOT what you may at first assume it to be. The 'puzzles' are
    just exercises with explainations. Nothing tricky or obscure, just good
    valid exercises that will challenge and reinforce your present
    understanding of the language.

------------- fold, spindle, mutilate at will ------(it's your CRT) ----
 Gordon P. Vickers, (408) 991-5370,
 Signetics Corp., PO Box 409, M/S 69, Sunnyvale, Ca 94086
 {allegra,decvax,ihnp4}!philabs!prls!ems
  or
 {ucbvax,decwrl,ihnp4,allegra}!amdcad!amdimage!prls!ems

   Kick the habit: ask the American Lung Association about their
    "Freedom From Smoking" class. It worked for me, the wife, and 75%
     of the class. What a differance! Its GREAT!

  [ In this correspondance, I am representing myself and no others.
  I am not part of the PRLS group, but they are nice enough to allow me
  to TIP(1) to an account on their machine so I can send/receive email.]