gotos

00704a-Liber nevin1 at ihlpf.ATT.COM
Thu Apr 7 09:12:52 AEST 1988

In article <1988Apr5.213343.1528 at utzoo.uucp> henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:

>And once in a long while, there is no better way.  A loooong while.

Agreed.  Although I feel that most of the uses of GOTO in C these days
occurs in the output of something like LEX and YACC, where I really don't
mind it.  Just as long as 'mere mortals' try to avoid using it.

>If I were running a software house, I'd be tempted to say that using
>a goto -- except in fixing a program that already uses them -- means
>having $50 docked from your pay.  It's not *forbidden*, you understand,
>it's just that you have to want it really badly!

Can I work for you??  I mean, if you would deduct $50 from my pay every
time I use GOTO, I would rather spend the *over*time and write code that
avoids it!  :-)
--
 _ __			NEVIN J. LIBER	..!ihnp4!ihlpf!nevin1	(312) 510-6194
' )  )				"The secret compartment of my ring I fill