gotos

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Wed Apr 6 07:33:43 AEST 1988

> Sometimes, gotos are perfectly justifiable because they vastly
> simplify and clarify you code.

And once in a long while, there is no better way.  A loooong while.
If I were running a software house, I'd be tempted to say that using
a goto -- except in fixing a program that already uses them -- means
having $50 docked from your pay.  It's not *forbidden*, you understand,
it's just that you have to want it really badly!
--
"Noalias must go.  This is           |  Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
non-negotiable."  --DMR              | {allegra,ihnp4,decvax,utai}!utzoo!henry