Modula2's godawful IO.

Frank Swarbrick swarbric at tramp.Colorado.EDU
Wed Apr 27 08:58:51 AEST 1988

In article <225800026 at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu> mcdonald at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
:The following program
:#include <stdio.h>
:main()
:{
:  int i = 5;
:  printf("%d is an int\n",i);
:}
:compiles and links under Microsoft C 5.00 to a .exe file 7089 bytes long.
:Changing "int" to "double" and %d to %lf results in a file 21242 bytes long.
:The Microsoft C compiler is quite good, better than most Unix ones, I would
:guess. It has myriads of options that allow you do get just what you want.

I just thought I'd mention this, Turbo C 1.5 gets EXE files of 5750 bytes
and 19662 bytes respectivly with this code...

Frank Swarbrick (and his cat)           swarbric at tramp.Colorado.EDU
...{ncar!nbires}!boulder!tramp!swarbric
"The shifting shafts of shining weave the fabric of their dreams..."