3B2 cpp #ifdef + #include

Lawrence V. Cipriani lvc at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu
Sun Apr 3 23:11:55 AEST 1988

In article <17983 at watmath.waterloo.edu> rbutterworth at watmath.waterloo.edu (Ray Butterworth) writes:

>They bother because it is nice to be warned if you entered something
>that looks like it means something but doesn't.  There is nothing
>worse (well not really) than software that silently ignores input that
>it doesn't understand.

You are right of course.  This is such a widely used idiom
though that cpp should be changed to allow it.  I heard ATT-IS
(or whatever its called these days) changed cpp to allow tokens
after the closing # directives as long as it (they?) was an
exact match with the corresponding opening # directive.  But,
incredibly it would complain about comments after the # directives!
This is so stupid!  Maybe I should sell my AT&T stock.  Sigh.
Is anyone at ATT-IS listening that would care to admit to
this botch if it is true?
--
Larry Cipriani, AT&T Network Systems and Ohio State University
Domain: lvc at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu