gotos

Piet van Oostrum piet at ruuinf.UUCP
Tue Apr 19 20:22:31 AEST 1988

Posting-Front-End: GNU Emacs 18.47.9 of Mon Mar 21 1988 on ruuinf (hcx/ux)

In article <1073 at maynard.BSW.COM> campbell at maynard.BSW.COM (Larry Campbell) writes:
   In article <2618 at bsu-cs.UUCP> dhesi at bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
   <>...And I know of no language, with the possible exception of Ada, that is
   <>rich enough in control structures to always have an elegant and
   <>efficient alternative to using a goto.

   Check out BLISS.  It's not without its flaws -- I consider its extreme
   typelessness a botch -- but it has such a complete set of well thought
   out control constructs that you don't miss the goto at all.  (BLISS has
   no goto.)

Modula-2 doesn't have a GOTO either. It has LOOP ... EXIT ... END.
--
Piet van Oostrum, Dept of Computer Science, University of Utrecht
Budapestlaan 6, P.O. Box 80.012, 3508 TA Utrecht, The Netherlands