A few random type questions.

Christopher Mills mills at baloo.eng.ohio-state.edu
Sat Aug 27 23:42:13 AEST 1988

#undef LINEEATER

My appologies for being in such a curious mode today...

OK.  Let me see if I've got this straight.  There are defaults for both
the storage class and type of an identifier, so if I say

	foo;

outside of a block, I'll get a static int foo, right?  OK, so what if I
write

	bar() { foo; }

obviously, the compiler can't determine if I mean auto int foo, or compute
the expression foo (I assume it assumes the latter).  This is an ambiguity
in the grammar, yes?

Also, is there any real reason for the 'auto' keyword?  Has anyone ever
used it for anything?

Last question: is 'register int baz()' legal and if so would it make any
difference anywhere.

Well, OK, one more.  What (if ever) was 'entry' used for?

				Thanks...
-=-