Third public review of X3J11 C

mcdonald at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu mcdonald at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 26 23:14:00 AEST 1988

>I'm pretty sure the formation of X3J11 was announced in CACM, and it
>has been well known in the C community for years (e.g. "The C Advisor"
>and other regular columns).  I don't think it made the TV network news.

Chemists such as I, and other scientists don't read CACM. Most of
us don't read ANYTHING about computers, we just use them. BUT, we
are vitally interested in serious things like changing languages. The
best source of info would probably compiler vendors: but they don't WANT
us to know about such things. They want to control the process themselves.
I have made many suggestions to compiler vendors: they have never ever
shown any interest.