Third public review of X3J11 C

mcdonald at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu mcdonald at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 23 23:07:00 AEST 1988

>The fundamental problem is that IT IS MUCH TOO LATE to be making
>significant changes to the proposed standard.  Look at all the trouble

>I suggest that you GET INVOLVED in drafting
>the NEXT (revised) standard.

The problem is, how does one do this? IF you are a regular reader of this
august information dispersal system, you might here about some such
effort not too late after it gets started. But, in the absence of that,
you are going to know about it only AFTER the standard gets approved,
when the next version of your compiler comes out and your programs
stop compiling. I never heard about Fortran 77 until my programs
refused to run because a new compiler didn't support Hollerith fields.