Sorting algorithms...

William Roetzheim roetzhei at sdsu.UUCP
Fri Aug 19 07:18:18 AEST 1988

In article <8808171405.AA05232 at ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> U23405 at UICVM (Michael J. Steiner) writes:
>I already have the algorithms for insertion sort and selecton sort. Could
>anyone send me the algorthms, explanations of them, where to find the
>algorithms, or where to find explanations of them? (I am also interested

  Sedgwick's (sp?) "Algorithms" has a good treatment of many sort algorithms,
including merge sort.  The algorithms are in Pacal and include good advice
about when they are appropriate.  The book "Numerical Recipies" also has
many good sort algorithms.  My version gives examples in fortran (which is
a pain to convert to C because of different indexing of arrays), but there
is now a version out with examples in C (I have it on order).

WHR