Sorting algorithms...

Blair P. Houghton bph at buengc.BU.EDU
Fri Aug 19 17:46:46 AEST 1988

In article <643 at eplrx7.UUCP> ward at eplrx7.UUCP (Rick Ward) writes:
>[request for sorting algorithms, preferably in C :-) ]
>
>Michael,
>	I hope you are not a computer science student.  Any self respecting
>computer scientist would know where to look for these algorithms.

Raw-ther, we'd say "I wrote one of those when I was eleven on my AIM-1;
got a minute?  Here's how it goes..." :-) 8-) 8^) ,,
						  oo
		(evolution of Smiley Erectus)      >
						  \/

>Try D.E. Knuth's The Art of Computer Programming Vol. 3 "Sorting and Searching"

Concur heartily.  Whether yer a computer scientist or not, this is the
book to read; I think I'm going to go look at my copy now.  I'm in need
of a little fundamentalism.

				--Blair