Sorting algorithms...

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Fri Aug 19 02:59:17 AEST 1988

I have a C program which will allow generation of data initialized in a
number of configurations, allows vector length to be set, and sorts with
any of 11 algorithms giving the CPU time. It optionally will give the
number of compares and moves.

One of the best places to get sorting info is Knuth, _Art of Computer
Programming_ vol 3 (Sorting and Searching). There is a discussion of
many of the common algorithms, including merge.

If you really want to see the program I can mail it. I have no
documentation, and was using it just to investigate why some sorts work
better than others.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)