Third public review of X3J11 C

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Sun Aug 28 09:12:11 AEST 1988

In article <891 at l.cc.purdue.edu> cik at l.cc.purdue.edu (Herman Rubin) writes:
>It is important not just that it appear in a journal, but prominently.  If
>you want input, go out and loudly proclaim it...

However, if you want input primarily from people who are competent in C and
interested in its future development, it suffices to mention it quietly in
the places such people frequent.  Which is what was done.

>As a researcher, I find it necessary to glance at more than 200 journals...

Then I'd say you can't possibly have time to read endless X3J11 drafts, and
related documents, with care and attention.  People who have never been
involved in standards work have *NO CONCEPT* of the tonnage of paper one
has to read if one wants to do a proper job of it.  This requires real
motivation, not a dilettante's casual interest.  People with that level
of motivation are going to see a quiet announcement in selected journals,
because they'll be reading those journals already.
--
Intel CPUs are not defective,  |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
they just act that way.        | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu