GROK THIS!

Bob F. Breedlove bfbreedl at sactoh0.UUCP
Mon Dec 5 08:51:31 AEST 1988

In article <9058 at smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
> In article <575 at sactoh0.UUCP> bfbreedl at sactoh0.UUCP (Bob F. Breedlove) writes:
> I lost track of the original reference, but I thought that the term
> came up in the context of an advisory message ("now trying to see if
> You mean to tell me that there is a qualified system manager who
>
> Your point about jargon obscuring understanding is well taken, though.
> It's something designers and implementors should be more aware of.

There is obviously at least one who doesn't read science fiction,
didn't go to school at a university that supported UNIX, or for
some other reason doesn't know what "to grok" is, otherwise we
wouldn't be having this discussion!

--
Bob Breedlove  SYSOP: BOBsBBS (916/929-7511)
        pacbell!sactoh0!bfbreedl