const, volatile, etc

Ray Dunn ray at micomvax.UUCP
Thu Dec 8 10:24:56 AEST 1988

In article <10929 at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com> ggs at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com (Griff Smith) writes:
>Good start.  Now, what do I do about upgrading a million lines of old
>code to the new standard, and finding all the mis-declared variables.

You dont.  See my previous posting.

The standard as far as this goes, hasn't changed.  If your program is wrong
now, it was wrong before!  The only change is that *now* you have a way of
using the optimizer with variables that are volatile.  You didn't before.
--
Ray Dunn.                      |   UUCP: ..!philabs!micomvax!ray
Philips Electronics Ltd.       |   TEL : (514) 744-8200   Ext: 2347