Difficulties with Turbo-C 2.0 TLIB

Thomas Meyer mey at astbe.UUCP
Tue Dec 13 20:13:26 AEST 1988

We are using Turbo C 2.0, its TLIB utility and the stand-alone debugger TD.
Recently I discovered the following effect. I created a library  containing
modules, which were compiled with debug options.

The manual states, that debugging of modules in libraries *is* possible,
provided that

	- the modules were compiled with debug option set,
	- the library was *not* created with the "Create Extended Dictonary"
	  option,
	- the source code of the modules is available and
	- the source code directory option in Turbo Debug is set appropriately.

Though those conditions were fulfilled, the debugger refused to show
the source code of libary functions. Worse, the programme crashed, when the
the first function in the library was called. (The library is quite big,
about 200K)

Finally I resolved the problem by using the TLIB utility which came along with
Turbo C 1.5, which does the job fine and allowes me to debug modules stored
in libraries.

Did anyone had similar experiences and can give an explanation ?
Are there more known bugs ?

Inspite of this time-consuming experience Turbo C 2.0, especially its
stand-alone debugger, surpassed our expectations.