Assembly or ....

Jay csc21824 at unsvax.UUCP
Mon Dec 5 08:27:11 AEST 1988

In article <622 at krafla.rhi.hi.is> einari at krafla.UUCP (Einar Indridason) writes:
>In article <606 at poseidon.ATT.COM> ech at poseidon.ATT.COM (Edward C Horvath) writes:
>>does anyone have an example of a common processor that DOESN'T give you the
>>remainder and quotient at the same time?  I don't know the Intel chips, so
>>perhaps the original author just knows that the *86 divide doesn't do this.

        The 8086 divide doesn't?  Then I'd like to know why my integer-to
string conversion routine works?  It repeatedly divides the number by 10,
saving the remainder

        This space for Rent                  Eric J. Schwertfeger
                                             CIS  [72657,1166]
                                        or   csc21824%unsvax.uns.edu
Disclaimer:These are just the mad ramblings of a man forced to use
           vi once too often, and as such, should be ignored.