Assembly or ....

Einar Indridason einari at rhi.hi.is
Sat Dec 3 07:11:30 AEST 1988

In article <606 at poseidon.ATT.COM> ech at poseidon.ATT.COM (Edward C Horvath) writes:

>Hmm, add the MC68K, the PDP-11, and the IBM s/360 et fils.  Put another way,
>does anyone have an example of a common processor that DOESN'T give you the
>remainder and quotient at the same time?  I don't know the Intel chips, so
>perhaps the original author just knows that the *86 divide doesn't do this.

Are we talking about the old 8-bit processors as well, or are we just talking
about the "new" processors.  (Define it for your self :-)
If we are talking about those 8-bitters then the MOSTEK-6502 does not contain
dividing or multiplication instructions.  And if memory serves me right, neither
did the Z-80.

Now, one question: does the ARM chip in Acorn Archimedes include multiply and/or
divide instructions.

To quote Alfred E. Neuman: "What! Me worry????"

Internet:	einari at rhi.hi.is
UUCP:		..!mcvax!hafro!rhi!einari

--
To quote Alfred E. Neuman: "What! Me worry????"

Internet:	einari at rhi.hi.is
UUCP:		..!mcvax!hafro!rhi!einari