new do-while syntax

Karl Heuer karl at haddock.ima.isc.com
Wed Dec 21 07:36:29 AEST 1988

In article <1724 at buengc.BU.EDU> bph at buengc.bu.edu (Blair P. Houghton) writes:
>In article <8562 at alice.UUCP> ark at alice.UUCP (Andrew Koenig) writes:
>>As I said before, it's way too late to get anything like this into C now.
>
>But wait!  We could form a comittee, couldn't we?  We could be the
>abCDE, and meet and review and vote and review and meet and field input
>from the input field and meet, review, vote...

(Yes, I realize you were being sarcastic.  Nevertheless...)

Andrew is partially correct: it's way too late to get any fantastic new
features into C88 (__STDC__==1).  However, it is not too soon to be thinking
about what should go into C99 (__STDC__==2).  The correct procedure for such
future enhancements is to get them added as experimental extensions to
existing C compilers, so that the next ANSI C committee will have "existing
practice" to point to.