new do-while syntax

Blair P. Houghton bph at buengc.BU.EDU
Wed Dec 21 03:25:34 AEST 1988

In article <8562 at alice.UUCP> ark at alice.UUCP (Andrew Koenig) writes:
>In article <1716 at buengc.BU.EDU>, bph at buengc.BU.EDU (Blair P. Houghton) writes:
>
>> Pardon my two-cent kibbitz, but what's wrong with using the comma
>> operator to do that for which it is ideally suited?
>
>I can't use arbitrary statements with the comma operator:

As others have recently reminded me, statement is not expression, and
expression is not statement.  The comma operator separates expressions
only.  My bad.

>As I said before, it's way too late to get anything like this
>into C now.  It's fun to think about, though.

But wait!  We could form a comittee, couldn't we?  We could be the
abCDE, and meet and review and vote and review and meet and field input
from the input field and meet, review, vote...

				--Blair
				  "...and end up with Fortro-C.scalispgol,
				   the scientific/systems/ai/graphic
				   programming language!  All things
				   to all people.  Damn the entropy!
				   Full redesign ahead!"