C DATABASE (source!)

Paul De Bra debra at alice.UUCP
Tue Dec 13 01:34:17 AEST 1988

In article <201 at serene.UUCP> rfarris at serene.cts.com (Rick Farris) writes:

>I've noticed quite a few source postings in regular newsgroups
>recently.  Usually they say something like "This just can't wait for
><insert name of moderator> to get it up."
>
>Is that a good excuse to post source to a discussion group?

The normal procedure would be to post a message in the discussion group
stating that you posted some source to the appropriate source group and
that everyone can read it there.

Unfortunately for some groups that message should say "I submitted it to
<insert name of moderator> and you will be able to read it there in about
4 months." Clearly the link with the discussion will be gone by then.

So I would consider posting sources in discussion groups justified if the
appropriate source groups have a very long delay.

Paul.