C DATABASE (source!)

Rick Farris rfarris at serene.UUCP
Tue Dec 13 12:47:07 AEST 1988

In article <8524 at alice.UUCP> debra at alice.UUCP () writes:
`
`The normal procedure would be to post a message in the discussion group
`stating that you posted some source to the appropriate source group and
`that everyone can read it there.
`
`Unfortunately for some groups that message should say "I submitted it to
`<insert name of moderator> and you will be able to read it there in about
`4 months." Clearly the link with the discussion will be gone by then.
`
`So I would consider posting sources in discussion groups justified if the
`appropriate source groups have a very long delay.
`

I'm new to the net, and I'm really just learning the ropes, but I
thought that the reason for having moderators on the source groups
was so that some sort of weeding could take place, so that you could
be assured that what was posted was of *some* worth.

It seems to me that uncontrolled posting short-circuits this process.
Shouldn't uncontrolled source posting go to an un-moderated source
group like alt.sources?  Isn't that what alt.sources is for?

Then there could be a pointer in the appropriate news group
mentioning that the source had been posted.

But what do I know?
:-)
--
Rick Farris   RF Engineering  POB M  Del Mar, CA  92014   voice (619) 259-6793
rfarris at serene.cts.com     ...!uunet!serene!rfarris       serene.UUCP 259-7757