sysV 2.0 vs 3.1 compatibility?

Guy Harris guy at auspex.UUCP
Fri Dec 16 04:23:05 AEST 1988

> When I compile the same program with cc (replacing <blitio.h> with <stdio.h>),
> everything is fine.

The "Killed" sounds like the UNIX error message generated when a UNIX
process dies with signal SIGKILL; the S5R3.1 kernel will generate that
signal if it discovers that the file the process is trying to "exec"
can't be executed after it has already reamed the address space of the
process out preparatory to executing the new program.  It sounds like
your executable file may be busted.

If, in fact, you're trying to run this program on your host machine
(3B2?), not on the 5620, that's your problem; "dmdcc" presumably
generates an executable image for the 5620, and that may well not be set
up to be executable under UNIX.

>  /usr/DMD/include/jerqproc.h: 103: extra tokens (ignored) after directive
>  /usr/DMD/include/mpx.h: 135: extra tokens (ignored) after directive
>  /usr/DMD/include/font.h: 43: extra tokens (ignored) after directive
>
>  What is a token? a directive?

A "token" is something like the FOOBAR in the line

	#endif FOOBAR

and a "directive" is like the "#endif" in that same line.  The dpANS
disallows extra tokens such as that in "#else" and "#endif" lines; the
S5R3.1 C compiler's preprocessor pass was changed to generate warnings
when it sees them.  The DMD include files may not have been fixed to say
something like

	#endif /* FOOBAR */

instead.