GROK THIS!

Bob F. Breedlove bfbreedl at sactoh0.UUCP
Sun Dec 4 01:38:55 AEST 1988

In article <9046 at smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
> Bruce:	Hidden routines named "hack" in software packages, examples in
> 	documentation with names like "frodo" and other stuff like like
> 	drive me nuts.
>
> Therapist:	Why do you feel such names drive you nuts?

It's not the "cute names" so much that bothers me, it's terms like
"grok" used in messages and other obscure references that inhibit
understanding that drive ME nuts! When I'm working with a computer
in a business application, I want a clear understanding of what a
message -- especially an error message -- means! I don't want to
have to refer to my vintage sci-fi collection or dictionary of
american slang or old hippie friends to have to determine what just
happened.

--
Bob Breedlove  SYSOP: BOBsBBS (916/929-7511)
        pacbell!sactoh0!bfbreedl