Wanted: explanation of error messages ...

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Thu Dec 1 09:53:44 AEST 1988

In article <1410 at aucs.UUCP> 840369k at aucs.UUCP (Elric Kinslayer) writes:
>... Error messages and the problems that
>they indicate are rarely addressed in most C programming books I have read.
>
>Can anybody post/email a canonical list of error messages and their meanings?

Unfortunately, error messages and their meanings are completely specific
to individual compilers, so no general book or posting can do much good.
--
SunOSish, adj:  requiring      |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
32-bit bug numbers.            | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu