Standard Indentation etc.

T. William Wells bill at twwells.uucp
Mon Dec 19 03:32:57 AEST 1988

In article <879 at quintus.UUCP> ok at quintus.UUCP (Richard A. O'Keefe) writes:
: 8 columns is _way_ too big for an indentation increment.
: The range recommended by everyone except C let's-torture-test-the-eyes
: hackers is two to five columns for an indentation increment.

This is called "argument from authority". Ok, where's yours?

I routinely use 8 space indentation; I have no problem reading it
that way. On the contrary, though I can read 4 space indentation
without difficulty, anything less causes me severe problems.

I would admit that I might be an exception, being legally blind, but
knowing many programmers who also prefer 8 space indentation, who
possess normal eyesight, and no particular tendency toward rabidity,
I have to doubt that your assertion is anything more than somebody's
opinion.

---
Bill
{uunet|novavax}!proxftl!twwells!bill