Timekeeping in ANSI C

Carsten Bormann cabo at tub.UUCP
Mon Feb 15 03:38:48 AEST 1988

In article <594 at acornrc.UUCP> rbbb at acornrc.UUCP (David Chase) writes:
()
() But don't listen to me.  Go ahead, use the Unix format.  I should still be
() alive on 'Mon Jan 18 19:14:07 2038 (GMT)' when all you [sic] code dies.

If I'm alive on January 18th, 2038, I will very likely, just as
everybody else, run my UNIX code on a 64 bit machine, and my code will
happily live on until the sun turns into a supernova.
--
Communications and Operating Systems Research Group
Technical University of Berlin (West, of course...)