Timekeeping in ANSI C

David Keppel pardo at june.cs.washington.edu
Thu Feb 18 07:52:26 AEST 1988

In article <350 at tub.UUCP> cabo at tub.UUCP (Carsten Bormann) writes:
>If I'm alive on January 18th, 2038, I will very likely, just as
>everybody else, run my UNIX code on a 64 bit machine, and my code will
>happily live on until the sun turns into a supernova.

Of course one of the places that I used to go to school *still* has
some of their IMSAI S-100 8080-based machines still in regular use.
The figure that I heard was that over thanksgiving break '86 the
machines were in use an average of 22 hours/day.

The IMSAIs were one of the first successful microcomputers.  True,
they're only just over ten years old, but the world of microcomputers
is only just over fifteen, and 2038 is only forty years away.

	;-D on  (Silicon crystal ball)  Pardo