Why I won't use ANSI C

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at quintus.UUCP
Sat Feb 20 14:32:24 AEST 1988

In article <7290 at brl-smoke.ARPA>, gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
> In article <907 at micomvax.UUCP> ray at micomvax.UUCP (Ray Dunn) writes:
> >>Berkeley Unix any more than Doug represents the ANSI C committee.)
> >Doug has set *himself* up as the "spokesman" of the ANSII committee ...
> I'm doing my job; I suggest you do yours.  (Actually, I do more than
> my job -- I'm not required to keep you all posted on new ANSI C
> developments, answer questions, give tutorials, correct errors, etc.)

At the last count, I have made 8 attempts to send e-mail to Doug Gwyn.
Here's what I've tried to send:
	Thank you very much for your postings in comp.lang.c.
	I very much appreciate the work you put into them.

I would point out to you that the BSI Prolog committee knows of the
existence of comp.lang.prolog (I told them) but *NO-ONE* on that
committee has ever had the courtesy to post anything to that newsgroup
or the Prolog Digest.  (Perhaps they are too busy inventing a new
language.)  Neither has there been much in comp.lang.fortran about
Fortran 8X, until we were suddenly told that the review period would
be over in a couple of weeks.  We readers of comp.lang.c are fortunate
indeed to have Doug Gwyn.