Help: TurboC: Too Much Global Data!

James E. Prior jep at oink.UUCP
Mon Feb 15 03:26:06 AEST 1988

In article <849 at silver.bacs.indiana.edu> regoli at silver.bacs.indiana.edu (michael regoli) writes:
>a while back i *thought* i had seen a posting regarding the
>linker error: "Too much global data."
>
>is there a way around this error message in turbo c?  i've
>got the "D" release of version 1.0 running on an 8088.  this
>linker error seems to occur regardless of the memory model used.

I had this problem also last summer (Version 1.0).  I called the Borland
folks.  They told me what was wrong and how to cope with it.  The problem
is Borland's tlink.  The solution that the Borland folks recommended is
to use a recent version of Microsoft's link.  I did and it worked.  Keep
in mind that without using tlink, you have to use command line mode
instead of the all in one environment.

--
Jim Prior    jep at oink.UUCP    {ihnp4|cbosgd}!n8emr!oink!jep
Pseudo-programmers use pseudo-code to write pseudo-programs on pseudo-machines!