turboc/msc spawn*

Earl H. Kinmonth cck at deneb.ucdavis.edu
Thu Jun 16 15:21:28 AEST 1988

GENERAL QUESTION:

Where can I get lists of known bugs in Turboc and Quick C?
Alternatively, where can I get lists of the constructs and routines in
each known to perform precisely as documented? Presumably the latter
will be shorter than the former. :)

SPECIFIC QUESTION(1):

Is the spawn* command of Quick-C known to be buggy?  I have
programs that compile and run under TURBOC that use spawnlp
without problem.  These same programs break when compiled with
Quick-C.

SPECIFIC QUESTION(2):

Are there known bugs in the medium model floating point library
of TURBOC?  I have a large program that compiles and runs under
XENIX (small, middle), MSC (middle), and TURBOC (small).  Under
TURBOC (middle), I get a fixup error.  This appears to be related
to the total size of the code, not what's actually in it.  I can
mask off various portions of the code that have something (or
nothing) to do with floating point and it will compile.

E H. Kinmonth Hist. Dept.  Univ. of Ca., Davis Davis, Ca. 95616
916-752-1636/0776

Disclaimer:  I'm a[n] historian; what the hell do I know about
programming.

Internet:  ehkinmonth at ucdavis.edu
           cck at deneb.ucdavis.edu
BITNET:    ehkinmonth at ucdavis
UUCP:      {ucbvax, lll-crg}!ucdavis!ehkinmonth
           {ucbvax, lll-crg}!ucdavis!deneb!cck