Safe to use *_t typedefs?

Dave Sill dsill at NSWC-OAS.arpa
Thu Mar 17 04:02:31 AEST 1988

In article <1086 at bentley.UUCP> MH Cox <bentley!cox> writes:
>The proposed ANSI standard C has produced
>a lot of new data types:  size_t, time_t, etc.

[This is not an answer to the posters question.]

A caveat: be careful when using variables of these generic types in
portable code.  time_t may be int on machine X but long int on machine
Y.  We recently ported some UNIX accounting code that had this
problem.

=========
The opinions expressed above are mine.

"[Programmers who prefer to drive a shift car are not] positioned to
design interactive systems."
					-- Ted Nelson (quoted from Byte)

[But Ted, there are users who really prefer a shift car...]