Undelivered mail

MAILER%ALASKA.BITNET at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU MAILER%ALASKA.BITNET at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Mon Mar 14 01:06:02 AEST 1988

Subject:  Re: nasty evil pointers

[Non-Deliverable:  User does not exist or has never logged on]

Date:         Sun, 13 Mar 88 05:37:25 GMT
Sender:       Info-C List <INFO-C at NDSUVM1>
Comments:     Warning -- original Sender: tag was news at husc6.harvard.EDU
From:         Kaufer - Lopez - Pratap <steve at endor.harvard.EDU>
Comments: To: info-c at BRL-SMOKE.arpa
To:           Vic Kapella <SXJVK at ALASKA>

In article <1529 at devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV> jackm at devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV (Jack Morrison)
 writes:
>In article <13100003 at bucc2> brian at bucc2.UUCP writes:
>>
>>It would be nice if we could check every pointer as
>>it was used...
>
>Funny how often I see things in this newsgroup that can be answered
>with two words:
>    try Ada.
>
>Even funnier because I still prefer using C.
>
>-- Jack C. Morrison    Jet Propulsion Laboratory
---
Well, if you are still using C, you should really try an interpreter.
The Saber-C interpreter, from Saber Software, Inc., provides
full run-time checking of pointers (and many other nasty C things....)
More info can be obtained by e-mail or phone...

    Stephen Kaufer
    Saber Software, Inc.
    saber at harvard.harvard.edu
    30 JFK Street, Cambridge, MA.  02138
    (617) 876-7636

---
Note: As the address indicates, I work for Saber.
Having said that, comments about biased reporting to /dev/null!