Fortran could learn from C

Alan_T._Cote.OsbuSouth at Xerox.COM Alan_T._Cote.OsbuSouth at Xerox.COM
Fri Mar 4 16:35:17 AEST 1988

In article <7397 at brl-smoke.ARPA>, Doug Gwyn <gwyn at brl-smoke.arpa> writes:
>You may be able to obtain a separate C preprocessor commercially or even
>for free (e.g. from the GNU project) that you could use during debugging.

Isn't the free preprocessor likely to disagree with the (New! Improved :-)
compiler?  I would want the output from such a preprocessor to accurately
reflect the interpretation the compiler would place on the code, and if the two
programs don't agree about what the source code means, then the output of a
separate preprocessor is next to useless!