C declaration styles

Harlan Feinstein hwfe at ur-tut
Tue Mar 22 12:06:30 AEST 1988

In article <1065 at sask.UUCP> coleman at sask.UUCP (Geoff Coleman @ College of Engineering) writes:

>>           void foo(int x, double y)
>
>	Could you please tell us what kind of PC (if not an MS-DOS)
>and what kind of compiler you ate using. The above isn't Lattice
>or Microsoft and I would be suprised if it is Turbo.

Sure enough, you shall be surprised.  That's Turbo C syntax.  It will also
accept the more commonly acceptable method of argument syntax, but you have
the option of doing it the above way.  I use the style illustrated here, as
it's easier for me to remember, having done most of my C work with Turbo C.

Disclaimer:
If what I say seems wrong or offends you, consider this: I'm writing in my
own language, not English, and it's coincidence that it looks like English.

          Exiting the universe without a passport and other offenses
    punishable by death can be appealed on the second Tuesday of each week.

Harlan Feinstein                       hwfeccss at uorvm.bitnet
Student, University of Rochester