A problem with varargs

terry terry at wsccs.UUCP
Sat Mar 12 19:17:16 AEST 1988

In article <8292 at eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU>, cmi at eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Theo Pozzy/R. Green) writes:
> I'd like to know if anyone out there has successfully used varargs in
> your own functions that are nested a few levels.

	Yes.

>                                                   In other words, how
> do you pass the whole set of varargs down to another routine of your
> own?  I know you can pass the argument list to, say, vsprintf(), but
> what if you have your own vsprintf() (or equivalent) routine?  Can
> someone show me an example?

	Can't give you an example; that would be fraternizing with the
competition... but I can tell you where to look:

	printf.c in the UNIX source at the college you go to, or have
a freind look it up for you.

	Can't give you ours; it's a part of TERM :-).

PS: Found the crypt-breakers workbench yet?  It isn't (apparently) in our
local archives, so I haven't been able to send you a copy.

PPS: You are getting 2 signatures... check your .signature file :-(.

| Terry Lambert           UUCP: ...!decvax!utah-cs!century!terry              |
| @ Century Software       or : ...utah-cs!uplherc!sp7040!obie!wsccs!terry    |
| SLC, Utah                                                                   |
|                   These opinions are not my companies, but if you find them |
|                   useful, send a $20.00 donation to Brisbane Australia...   |
| 'There are monkey boys in the facility.  Do not be alarmed; you are secure' |