MSC STACK OVERFLOW

Dave Levenson dave at westmark.UUCP
Fri Mar 18 15:18:21 AEST 1988

In article <12416 at brl-adm.ARPA>, SWANGER%AUDUCVAX.BITNET at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU writes:

> I am using MSC 5.0 to write a software package for my IBM PC clone.  I am
> having problems with stack overflow...
> ...when I get about three functions deep...

David:

	If you're not declaring large auto arrays, structs, or an
incredibly large number of local variables, the most likely cause of
stack overflow is endless recursion.  If you have MSC 5.0, you
probably have codeview.  Can you cv your program, and watch the
function calls?  Can you watch the value of SP at each function
call?  That ought to help point the finger.

--
Dave Levenson
Westmark, Inc.		A node for news.