MSC STACK OVERFLOW

SWANGER%AUDUCVAX.BITNET at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU SWANGER%AUDUCVAX.BITNET at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Wed Mar 16 05:55:52 AEST 1988

I am using MSC 5.0 to write a software package for my IBM PC clone.  I am
having problems with stack overflow.  I've tried enlarging the stack with
the /ST flag, but I'm approaching the 64k stack limit.  My code is only
about 500 lines or so, but when I get about three functions deep, the
program dies with a stack overflow message.  I'm using the large memory
model, all of my arrays are dynamically allocated with calloc, I'm using
a lot of integer variables (but not that many), and I'm using a lot of
functions from the screen formatting package Vitamin C.  Does anyone have
any suggestions how I can get around this problem?  Is there a way to
increase the stack size past 64k, or is this an Intel curse?  Is any data
being put on the stack that could be put on the heap?

I would appreciate any help anyone could give me.

David Swanger
Academic Computing Services
200 L Building
Auburn University, AL  36849
SWANGER at AUDUCVAX  (BITNET address)   |      My opinions are my own ... etc.    |