$1 check for first person who convinces me main can't be reserved

Arthur David Olson ado at elsie.UUCP
Thu Mar 3 00:45:49 AEST 1988

> > [Nonstandard keywords] should be constrained to start with an underscore, at
> > the very least.
>
> I believe that to avoid colliding with the user's local variables, keywords
> (like machine-specific #defines) must begin with a double underscore or an
> underscore followed by an uppercase letter.  I thought one of the more recent
> Drafts covered this issue.

Nope.  Recent drafts say that application programmers aren't allowed to use
__* and _[A-Z]* identifiers, which are reserved to implementers; recent drafts
do not say that implementers may reserve *only* those identifiers.
--
ado at vax2.nlm.nih.gov		ADO, VAX, and NIH are Ampex and DEC trademarks