Zortech C++

Ashok P. Nadkarni DTN 226-7448 nadkarni at erlang.dec.com
Fri May 27 02:01:11 AEST 1988

I received some info in the mail yesterday which I thought might be of
interest to a lot of programmers out there. Note that all the info is
from the manufacturer's own flyers. Naturally, I have no connection with
Zortech at all.

Announcing a C++ compiler from Zortech Inc. (617-646-6703).
List price (the best part) - $99, Fully conformant with Bjarne Stroustrup's
definition, ANSI C superset, true compiler (not just a preprocessor), includes
QuickC/TUrboC compatible libraries, library source for 400 functions,
MS codeview compatible, generates MS compatible obj files, programming editor,
linker and librarian included, includes a global optimizer, 700+ pages docs.

Please don't treat this as an ad. As I said, I have no connection with them,
and simply thought a lot of folks might be interested in this inexpensive
way of getting into object-oriented progamming.

Incidentally, I'd posted a request for info on this compiler a while ago.
The one reply I got was from the author of the compiler itself and stated
that Zortech C++ was derived from Datalight C.

/Ashok Nadkarni