CALL FOR VOTES - comp.bbs.xbbs

Jim Budler jim at eda.com
Tue Nov 15 16:13:32 AEST 1988

In article <8592 at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US> jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US (John F. Haugh II) writes:
>In article <358 at mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US> root at mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US (Mark J. Bailey) writes:
>>I like what one poster suggested (and Sandy of xbbs, too), that we create
>>a group called comp.unix.bbs or comp.unix.conferencing as it would easily
>
>I'll point this out again.  Comp.unix.bbs is redundant with alt.bbs.  Alt
>groups are not somehow second class.  Feeds are available, and widely so.

Point it out as many times as you like it's still wrong. Alt is not
the same as the regular hierarchy. And redundency between them
is irrelevent. Alt. stands for Alternate. It doesn't stand for additional,
or complementary.

>Anyone wanting an alt.bbs feed [ your nickel ] may contact me at this

You got it right. It's my nickel.

jim

--
uucp:     {decwrl,uunet}!eda!jim        Jim Budler
internet: jim at eda.com                   EDA Systems, Inc.