turboc - clrscr() & gotoxy() functions

Bill Wilson wew at naucse.UUCP
Wed Nov 30 02:52:28 AEST 1988

>From article <3ff17f35.7183 at apollo.COM>, by landry at apollo.COM (Chris Landry):
> Does TurboC allow screen functions like...
>   clrscr();   gotoxy(x,y);  clreol();   etc?
> I cannot get a program to compile/link with these functions.

You have an old and out-datedversion of Turbo C.  You should
update to the latest version (2.0) (if you own the package) or you should
buy a new copy.  Borland started including the graphics routines with
version 1.5.  Their newest version has the same routines (minus some
bugs) and also a nice debugger.  I was able to port GNUPLOT to
Turbo C and the debugger was invaluable.

Prior to version 1.5 you had to write all of your own graphics
primitives.

--
Bill Wilson                          (Bitnet: ucc2wew at nauvm)
Northern AZ Univ