turboc - clrscr() & gotoxy() functions

John Garnett garnett at a.cs.okstate.edu
Wed Nov 30 03:00:24 AEST 1988

>From article <3ff17f35.7183 at apollo.COM>, by landry at apollo.COM (Chris Landry):
> I'm a fairly new MSDos TurboC user. (vers 1.0)
>
> Does TurboC allow screen functions like...
>
>   clrscr();   gotoxy(x,y);  clreol();   etc?
>
>   gotoxy(1,1);              <----- Undefined symbol '_gotoxy'

> but I would assume TurboC would define them somewhere.
>
> Where is it?

I believe that these functions are prototyped in conio.h
(i.e. #include <conio.h>).  I know for sure that Turbo 1.5 has
this include file; however, I'm not sure whether Turbo C 1.0 has it
or not.

John Garnett

~ John Garnett                         Internet: garnett at a.cs.okstate.edu
~ Computing and Information Sciences   UUCP: {cbosgd, ihnp4, rutgers}!
~ Oklahoma State University                   okstate!garnett