Declaration puzzler (another old question?)

David Harvey dharvey at wsccs.UUCP
Sun Oct 9 15:57:28 AEST 1988

In article <30091 at oliveb.olivetti.com>, chase at orc.olivetti.com (David Chase) writes:
> I can't figure out how to declare the type of an array with (say) 10
> elements, each of which is that array type.  That is, I want the
> non-error effect of
>
> 	typedef foo *(foo[10]);
>
> I can succeed, however, if I wrap the array up in a structure, as in

	[omitted rest]

> Oh well.  Back to work.  I don't know why I ask questions like this,
> since I already know the answer.

If you really know the answer, then illuminate the masses.  Enquiring
minds want to know.  Seriously, what do you intend to use this type of
structure for?  An array of arrays that point to themselves?  Hmm,
methinks I smell some mischief.

dharvey at wsccs

tongue-in-cheek

I am responsible for Nobody,
and Nobody is responsible for me.
The only thing you can know for sure,
is that you can't know anything for sure.