Debugging programs with fork

greg yachuk greggy at infmx.UUCP
Tue Oct 4 04:28:22 AEST 1988

In article <12523 at oberon.USC.EDU> pgarg at pollux.usc.edu () writes:
> I am having trouble debugging programs which fork other
>processes. Dbx doesn't seem to handle them easily.

I've just gotten my evaluation copy of Saber-C (Version 2.0.1), but
haven't installed it yet.  Even though it is interpreted C (wait, don't
gag yet!), it claims to be able to handle forks and signals.  The demo
I saw also has some spiffy visual display of structs and linked lists.

I'll let you know after I try it.  I have no affiliation with Saber,
and am not even yet a satisfied customer.  Maybe soon...  They are:

	Saber Software, Inc.
	30 J.F.K. Street
	Cambridge, MA 02138
	(617) 876-7636
	{inhp4, decvax}!harvard!saber
	saber at harvard.harvard.edu

	-greg

Greg Yachuk		Informix Software Inc., Menlo Park, CA	(415) 322-4100
{uunet,pyramid}!infmx!greggy		why yes, I DID choose that login myself