Debugging programs with fork

Matt Landau mlandau at bbn.com
Tue Oct 4 10:09:15 AEST 1988

In comp.lang.c (<480 at infmx.UUCP>), greggy at infmx.UUCP (greg yachuk) writes:
>I've just gotten my evaluation copy of Saber-C ...
>... it claims to be able to handle forks and signals.  The demo
>I saw also has some spiffy visual display of structs and linked lists.
>I'll let you know after I try it.  I have no affiliation with Saber,
>and am not even yet a satisfied customer.  Maybe soon...

Well, I'm a pretty satisfied customer.  Yep, Saber does a decent job with
signals and forks.  I've uses it to debug server/client processes by running
each end of the system under a copy of Saber.  When the server forks, Saber
spwans another copy of itself to handle the child process.  Pretty spiffy.
--
 Matt Landau			Waiting for a flash of enlightenment
 mlandau at bbn.com			  in all this blood and thunder